A Versatile Criminal Defense Firm Based In San Francisco
In addition to the defense services that the criminal defense lawyers of The Law Offices of John M. Runfola offers against charges of drug crimes, white collar crimes, violent crimes, and immigration-related crimes, we also support our clients in a number of areas that do not fit easily into those larger categories. These services include:
- Pre-arrest representation: Legal support for those who believe they may be charged with crime in the future. By taking preemptive legal action, it may be possible to avoid charges or face reduced charges.
- Grand jury investigations: Guidance for those who have been issued a subpoena by a grand jury.
- Weapons offenses: The presence of a weapon can significantly increase the penalty for any crime, and even everyday items like cutlery, tools and sports equipment might be considered a weapon by prosecutors.
- Burglary, robbery and other theft charges: Defense for charges from petty theft to grand larceny.
- Juvenile offenses: Criminal defense tailored to the unique rules of California’s juvenile justice system.
- DUI and other vehicular crimes: Protect your criminal record and driver’s license after alleged offenses from speeding to DUI to manslaughter.
- Restraining orders: We can help you seek relief, including regaining access to your home and children, if a restraining order has been unfairly filed against you.
- Post-conviction relief: A conviction is not the end of your case. It is possible to appeal a conviction in a higher court, and some crimes can be wiped from your public criminal record through expungement after the sentence has been served.